OLD BUSH VINE GRENACHE
Planted over 100 years ago, these low yielding Grenache bush vines on the De Fazio vineyard have been carefully preserved by Angelo, with the hand-picked fruit producing a wine of intense colour with robust flavour. Some of the best examples of Grenache come from old bush vines, but sadly in the Barossa Valley they have become quite rare. The vines seem to thrive from this style of plant management, with the fruit enjoying the heat radiated from the ground allowing it to fully ripen and develop its varietal characters.
Also adding to the exquisite character of this wine is the soil variation across the block. From shallow red clay over a stony outcrop at the top grading to red loam over dark red clay at the bottom, which influences the size of vines grown as you go down the hill, resulting in a variety and intensity of flavours in the crop.
THE DE FAZIO COLLECTION
- Solitary Block ShirazDarren Miller2018-05-24T10:22:24+09:30
Solitary Block Shiraz
- Block III ShirazDarren Miller2018-05-24T10:21:26+09:30
Block III Shiraz
- Old Bush Vine GrenacheDarren Miller2018-05-29T09:16:21+09:30
Old Bush Vine Grenache
- Nero d’AvolaDarren Miller2018-05-26T12:54:53+09:30
- Bush Vine MouvédreDarren Miller2018-05-26T14:32:23+09:30
Bush Vine Mouvédre
- Syrah Nero d’AvolaDarren Miller2018-05-29T09:49:57+09:30
Syrah Nero d’Avola